Sunday, August 17, 2008

A MIGHTY WIND

Ah, the joys of living in Florida in the summer. Tropical Storm Fay, soon to be Hurricane Fay, is bearing down on us here on the west coast of Florida. As I write this it is crossing over Cuba and heading for the Florida Keys.  We went to the store today to pick up the typical hurricane supplies; water, batteries, canned food, alcohol, sandbags, daiquiri mix, flashlights, etc. It was quite busy. They are talking about some evacuations for the counties below us but it is still too early to know. It may wind up going further into the gulf, or turn inland, just too soon to know.

If it does become a problem and we get flooding we may lose power here and I won't be doing the blog for a few days so I thought I should come on tonight and post a quick note. We do get flooded very easily where we live here but we but some of those foam noodles and a couple of the inflatable floats (the kid with the pillows and drink holders of course) so we should be fine. We even got a little inner tube and some water wings for our cat. 

Ah, you may laugh but when I win $100,000 on America's Funniest Home Video's who will be laughing then huh? Ok, hopefully it will still be you. But I digress.

Wish us luck guys and hopefully I will be able to catch you up on whatever treatments I am able to get to this week! Saying a prayer wouldn't hurt either :)

In closing, something to think about ...

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”
... Jack Handey  (a brilliant man)

Peace, Keith

PS _ yes, in response to one of the recent comments left on my blog, I do want to thank Susan Rodriguez of Rapid Recovery Hyperbarics for her help in my dealing with the HBOT. She has been a great help. I have made mention of her website many times in my blog and given out her link quite a few times as well. if you haven't been there, it is ell worth a visit!

No comments: