Thursday, July 17, 2008

ALL IN ALL IT'S JUST ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL

All alone, or in two's,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists 
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.


from PINK FLOYD'S "The Wall" album, "Outside the Wall (Waters)"

Ahhhh, the WALL. That ubiquitous wall. That smothering wall. 

The wall is not unique to HBOT. CRPS patients, and other chronic pain patients, have often run into a wall when they have gone through treatments and/or started medications. 

Today was treatment day NUMBER 13.  

My pain is definitely down from Monday. On Monday and Tuesday walking was a very painful experience. Typing was very tough. Even sleeping didn't come easy. But Tuesday was a touch better and today, Wednesday, was even better. I am not quite yet where I was last Friday but it feels to me like I am starting to roll downhill; in a good way not in a Sisyphus way. As i mentioned at the beginning of the week or over the weekend maybe I had expected this to be a week of big changes. I am excited to see what next week brings! 

My friends and loved ones are all walking up and down outside the wall, saying their prayers for me, and hopefully I am sharing some good information with everyone along my journey. 

Someone wrote to me asking me "Does HBOT work for peripheral nerve injury?" 

Yes, it is one of the things they are finding they have very good results with treating. Here is a link to some information on it; PERIPHERAL NERVE INJURY AND HBOT. (scroll all the way to the bottom).

BTW, we have added some new articles to the RSDHope website that have an impact on anyone on Medicare. Check out the WHAT'S NEW section for them, at the top of the AMERICAN RSDHOPE website

Tomorrow I should be even better than today so I expect to be able to contribute longer blogs again, back to where I was the first two weeks. Thanks for bearing with me this week guys. I promise to pick things up!

Peace, Keith 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in the middle of something wonderful. Keep the faith. Take a deep breath, relax, and know that you are doing wonderful things for your body... you have cells that haven't breathed properly for years... all getting a heavy dose of 02! Millions of them... they are dazed and confused... but in the end... they know what to do... they'll come back around... it will make you better in the end!